Things to Note Before You Switch your Campaign Pages from IB 2.0 to IB 3.0
Timeline for IB 1.0 and IB 2.0 retirement.
As of this article publication date, there is not a set timeline for the retirement of IB 1.0 or IB 2.0 legacy builders.
Things to Note Before You Begin
Please note: This article is based on major differences between the builders. Due to each campaigns unique configuration options, it is impossible to root out every conceivable scenario.
- You will have to redesign your pages from scratch; there is currently not an import feature. This means you cannot carry over the overall site design, content, colors, graphics etc.
- Your campaign URLs will change! You should thoroughly scrutinize all of the page URLs used both inside Instant Customer pages as well as externally.
For example: If you are using URLs on any printed materials (brochures, business cards, newspaper ads etc.) you will not want to use the new builder unless you are prepared to create and invest in new business cards, ads etc
IB 2.0 URLs use this format http://ic.instantcustomer.com/go/.....
Same campaign IB 3.0 URLs use this format http://ic.instantcustomer.com/gov3/.....
- QR Codes from Links Tab will no longer work as the URLs are not correct with the format http://ic.instantcustomer.com/go/.....
Please note: The QR Code on the campaign dashboard will continue to function.
- Some of your campaign static tags may change! You should thoroughly scrutinize all of the autoresponders and/or broadcast for static tags. You may have to delete the old static tags from autoresponders / broadcast and manually type in the text and/or create new hyperlinks.
- As of this article publication date, the Flyer Page is not compatible with IB 3.0. There is not currently a Flyer Page inside IB3.0. Instead you will need to utilize our Flyer Templates.
- As of this article publication date, the information on the Social Media tab will not transfer over to IB 3.0 Social Button element.
- As of this article publication date, the form Fields do transfer over to IB 3.0 form but the checkboxes will need to be selected.
- The Event Pages will need to be created from scratch; there is currently not an import feature.
- On the During Event Page - Event Cue Points work in conjunction with the Video element setting Attach Cue to this Video.
- As of this article publication date, the Embed Codes are not yet compatible with IBv3.0, they only work for IB 2.0 and/or IB 1.0 campaigns.
- The Thank You Page target is setup on the Form element page.