Video Upload and / or Processing Issues
Uploading times vary a lot depending on the format of your video, file size, Internet bandwidth, and upload traffic. This could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. If you think that your video is taking too long to upload or is stuck during upload, you might be experiencing some of these issues:
File type and size: Keep in mind the type of file you’re trying to upload and its size, not just the length of the clip. The size of your video file is determined by the file type and format. To make your uploads faster, we recommended to.mov or .mp4 (h264).
Slow Internet connection: One of the main reasons why uploads take a long time is because your Internet connection slow or unstable.
Peak Upload Traffic: Peak upload hours. Your Internet Service Provider registers spikes of upload traffic and might take longer to upload your video. Often your provider can give you peak upload days and times.
If after several hours you do not see a status message of Completed, click the X to cancel the upload.
- Processing time varies greatly depending on the format of your original video, file size, and upload traffic.
- This could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Higher resolution formats will render more slowly. For example, 720p and 1080p may take significantly longer to appear than 480p.
- If after completed upload you do not see a thumbnail of the video and/or the size = 0 x 0 the file may still be encoding. Give the file more time!! Now refresh the screen by leaving the Media Center and returning. If the results have not changed then delete your file and try uploading the file again.
To Delete Video File:
- Hover over the video file name and select the Delete button.