Email Receipt Validation Passphrase
What is receipt validation?
- Receipt validation is used to offer bonus materials to people who purchase your book.
- It works when people forward their book purchase receipt, including passphrase, to your campaign.
- The system checks the receipt for a passphrase, and if it finds it, the subscriber is added to your campaign.
- Your campaign would then deliver the bonus material.
How do I enable receipt validation?
From Campaign Dashboard > Edit > Opt-in channels > Email tab > scroll down to turn ON Subscribe by email > enter Email Alias in the firstname.lastname@example.org field > enter Email Receipt Validation Passphrase
What is an email validation passphrase?
- The email validation passphrase is a phrase that you know appears in email receipts for your book, for example, your book title.
- If you do not include a passphrase, anyone who emails join-ALIAS@instantcustomer.com signs up for the campaign.
Please note: You must instruct your customers to subscribe to this campaign by forwarding their ORIGINAL email receipt with passphrase (no screenshots or pdfs) to: join-YOURALIAS@instantcustomer.com. The system checks the receipt to see if it contains the passphrase, and if it can't find it, rejects the email.