Web Form - WordPress - Iframe Example
How do I use my Instant Customer web form with WordPress? This is a common question, but there's no one-size-fits-all answer. Each web page is different and has different requirements.
In this example, we are going to use an iframe plugin for demonstration purposes. Please note, Instant Customer does not provide support for WordPress plugins. Usually a support link to the developer is found on the page where you downloaded the plugin. You can also search wordpress.org support forum http://wordpress.org/support/
Search for an iframe plugin at http://wordpress.org/plugins/ Remember, there are many plugins in the directory. You need to review the ratings and comments to find the plugin best suited for your needs. You need to download the plugin and follow the installation instructions.
The iframe plugin used in this example was downloaded from here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/
1. Go to your WordPress admin panel. The URL will be similar to http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php
2. From your admin dashboard, click on Plugins.
3. Now click on the Add New button.
4. Enter in "iFrame"
5. Select the appropriate iframe from the list and click Install Now. In this example, I am going to use the iframe By webvitaly.
This is a great time to read the installation instructions usually found on the Details link.
The installation instructions for this particular plugin are:
- install and activate the plugin on the Plugins page
- add shortcode
[iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3PDXmYoF5U" width="100%" height="480"]to page or post
6. Be sure to Activate Plugin after it has successfully installed.
7. Now you can add my iframe found on my Instant Customer campaign dashboard into a page. Simply replace the example iframe src URL provided in the installation instructions with the one from my campaign.
Example: [iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3PDXmYoF5U" width="100%" height="480"]
Instant Customer Web Form iFrame:
Final: [iframe src="http://www.instantcustomer.com/view_form/100422" frameborder='0' style='min-height:800px !important;width:100%;' height='100%' width='100%']
8. Go to the Pages area on the left hand side of the screen and select the page where you want to embed the IC iframe. Now click Edit.
9. Now go to the Text tab and paste your Final code into the document.
10. You can Preview Changes with the button on right hand side of the screen.
You may need to visit the developers documentation and/or support forum for information on how to make adjustments to the iframe. In this example, the developer provides additional parameters that can be used to fine tune the iframe. http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/other_notes/