Add Phone Extension
Before you create an Extension you need to make sure the following is already setup inside your campaign.
- A local number created within Instant Customer for subscribers to dial.
- A recorded custom message relevant to your campaign ie: “Thank you for calling XYZ Real Estate please enter the reference number of the property you would like to receive more information on”.
Once these steps are complete you can create your Extensions.
To Add an Extension
- From the Campaign Dashboard, select the Extensions Tab.
- Now select Add Extension.
- You see your campaign name and field to add your Extension number.
Enter a number above 20 here, this is your “reference” number.
4. Now select from the four Type of Action options from the drop list.
- Add to Another Campaign – This will “copy” the subscriber from the current campaign into the campaign chosen. This is useful if you are trying to get existing subscribers targeting information while leaving them in running campaign.
- Transfer to Another Campaign – This is the “best” practice method transfers the subscriber to the campaign you have set for the extension. This method would work best for the above mentioned scenario.
- Transfer to Phone Number – With this option you can select an outside number, such as the main business line and the subscriber is transferred after entering the extension.
- Play Audio File – This option plays an audio file you have uploaded to Instant Customer it does not subscribe them into a campaign.
5. Choose Campaign – If using either the Add to Another Campaign or Transfer to Another Campaign options, select the campaign you would like the subscriber to be transferred to. The subscriber will then be transferred to the number associated with that campaign where they can leave their Name and E-Mail to subscribe and receive that campaigns content.
6. Repeat this process for every extension you need to generate there is no limit to the amount of extensions you can have.
Greeting Message Commands
You should verbalize these instructions in the initial audio recording so the caller will know what digits to press:
- Press 1 to transfer to a live operator (if applicable)
- Press 2 to leave a message. Say your name and then speak or spell your email address
- Press 4 to repeat this message
- Press 7 to be removed
- Press 9 to end the call
- Press extension (insert your extension # here)
Please note commands 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 work only with the initial audio recording. However, you can reference another extension from within the current extension recording.
For example: A caller selected 22 to get more information about the address. While they are listening to the extension 22 recording you could say "Press 23 to speak with my secretary about this address".
It a good idea to create a flow chart of how the campaigns will link together before creating extensions this will save much time and frustration.
(As of January 30, 2014: Extensions work with US numbers only. This is subject to change)