CNAME Go Daddy
Go Daddy recently changed their CNAME setup, so you may come across some documentation on our site that is now out of date. We are working on getting up-to-date information in place.
1. Go to campaign you are working with and determine if using Instant Builder 1.0 or 2.0.
- Click on Edit
- Now select Opt-in Channels
- Now go to Web Pages tab
- Here you will see if you are using Instant Builder 1.0 or 2.0
2. The CNAME used in GoDaddy depends on if you are using Instant Builder 1.0 or Instant Builder 2.0.
- Instant Builder 1.0 - GoDaddy CNAME is www. instantcustomer.com
- Instant Builder 2.0 - GoDaddy CNAME is ic.instantcustomer.com
3. Now login to your GoDaddy account and find Domains.
- Select the Launch button
- Now click on the domain you want to work with. (this example: www.caninewatertherapy.info)
- From your Domain Details screen, click on the DNS Zone File tab.
- On the DNS Zone File screen click on the Edit button.
- On the Zone File Editor screen, scroll down until you see CName (Alias) section.
- Now either Quick Add a CName Alias or edit an Existing one.
Instant Builder 1.0 use www. instantcustomer.com
Instant Builder 2.0 use ic.instantcustomer.com
- Now click the Save Zone File button in upper right hand corner.
- Click OK when prompted.
- These changes usually take 1 hour. However, it may take up to 48 hours for these changes to take effect. These time frames are estimates and not guaranteed.
- Close the Zone File Editor screen and return to the Domain Details screen.
4. Now you will need to Forward your domain
- From the Domain Details screen, select the Settings tab.
- Now scroll down until you see the Forwarding section.
- Click on Manage
- Click on Add Forwarding button
- Now type in the name of your domain (this example: www.caninewatertherapy.info)
- Now select Save.
5. Now go back into Instant Customer.
- From Campaign Details select the Domain Name tab.
- Select the option Have your own domain.
- Now enter in the domain from GoDaddy (this example: www.caninewatertherapy.info)
Instant Builder 1.0 use www.yourdomain.com
Instant Builder 2.0 use yourdomain.com
- Select the Check Availability button to see if any other Instant Customer accounts are using this domain.
- Now select Save and Exit.
6. Allow some time for the GoDaddy changes. These changes usually take 1 hour. However, it may take up to 48 hours for these changes to take effect. These time frames are estimates and not guaranteed.
7. Go to your Campaign Dashboard and scroll down until you see My Instant Builder Pages:
- If GoDaddy changes have not yet been made you will still see the text 'instantcustomer' in the URL and will need to allow more time.
- If GoDaddy changes have been made you will see the domain name in the URLl.
- You can click on these page URL to test.