Create New Link / QR (Top of Screen)
Please note: If you want to associate a Link / QR to a specific campaign you need to set it up from the Link Tab on the campaign dashboard. The purpose of Link/QR at the top of the main screen is to view which Links / QR are associated to specific campaigns, to edit Short Links quickly and to delete Link / QR. If you create a
View campaign associated Links / QR
- Click on Links/QR under the Manage section
- The Links Manager Screen displays the QR Link Name, the Campaign ID it is used in, the associated Link, the Type of Link, Date Created, Number of scans (time link has been clicked) and QR Image.
- If you hover your cursor over an existing link, you notice not all links can be edited only the Delete button appears. The only type of link that can be edited is a Short Link.
- Click on Add New Link to view the Links QR Manager.
- Type in a Name for your link. The name is for reference only. It is a good idea to name the link descriptively so you can easily identify them when viewing list in the links manager.
- Choose Link Type
- Think of this as an easy way to reduce a large link such as www.omgthislinkiswaytolongwhywouldanyone.com to something simple like http://0s4.com/r/EVW7IX
- The short link is the most versatile of the group.
- In the URL field, put the URL that you want your link to go to.
- In the Custom Alias section, you can attach a snippet of text, or simply leave this section blank and Instant Customer generates a random one for you.
The Good Thing About Short Links - Unlike other links, Short Links allow you to change the URL attached to the link. For example, if you use this link to send customers to a page, but later decide you want to send them to a different page, you can change that at any time.
- When you click the bubble next to Go Link you see that the only thing you need to add here is the Campaign ID to associate with this link.
- When followed either by QR or click, this link takes customers to an opt-in form associated with the Campaign whose ID you entered.
- Remember Go Links can not be edited once they are linked.
- When you select the SMS link option, you see you need to add a phone number and a message.
- Now Get QR.
- When scanned the QR code auto-populates the phones text message (SMS) with the message you typed in the box as well as the "send-to" phone number selected.
- When the user sends the SMS message they subscribe to the campaign, thus triggering an autoresponder.
- The subscriber can then respond to the autoresponders.
- With SMS links, it is a good idea to create a message similar to this: “Replace this text with (whatever information you require for people to optin to your campaign...usually name/email/etc.).”
- This way, after they replace the text with their information, they press send and opt-in to the campaign
- Remember SMS Links can not be edited once they are linked.
- Creating a phone call link will create a QR code that will prompt a voicemail message from a predefined number on your Instant Customer account.
- Remember Phone Links can not be edited once they are linked.
- Email links are very similar to SMS links.
- Simply include an email address (your Instant Customer optin emai), the subject line, and the message you want them to send to you.
- As the SMS link, it’s a good idea to make your message “Replace this text with....”
- This way people know that they need to type in their information.
- Remember Email Links can not be edited once they are linked.