Most features within Instant Customer work internationally just as they do in the United States. However some features work differently, or do not work internationally.
For a complete guide to International Features, please see the International FAQ.
Features that do not work internationally:
- Direct-to-voicemail messages.
- Special characters and letters with accent marks in campaign names and SMS messages.
- Call forwarding.
These features do not work in Canada.
Features that work differently internationally:
- Shared longcodes for SMS.
- Subscribers must include country code when subscribing other than via SMS/phone, e.g. web form or lead page.
Using Instant Customer in an unsupported country.
You can use Instant Customer, even if your country is unsupported and not listed in our International FAQ. Email, websites, and web forms still work.
The main issue for unsupported countries is SMS. SMS works in most, but not all, unsupported countries. We cannot guarantee SMS deliverability in unsupported countries.
You cannot acquire a local phone number. Instead, use a US number to hold your keyword, per the Keyword FAQ.
Testing SMS deliverability:
1. Text the phrase "C77872" (without spaces, without quotes) to any one of our international shared SMS numbers:
- Australia +61429883462
- United Kingdom +447624803816
- Sweden +46737494551
- Switzerland +41798070078
2. You will receive a text message response that says "Congratulations, your test is successful."
3. Check the number you received our response from:
- If the number is one of the four international numbers listed above, write it down: That's the number you'll be using to send and receive SMS messages.
- If the number isn't one of the above, then people can subscribe via SMS, and receive broadcasts from you, but interactive SMS will not work.
- If no response is received, check your message and try again. If still no response is received, we cannot reach that carrier with SMS.
Note: In unsupported countries, different carriers may have different results, including receiving responses from different numbers.