AEMM2-IB3: Instant Publishing Machine
If your product is a book, the easiest way to set up a receipt scraper campaign is to use the AEMM2-IB3: Instant Publishing Machine template.
After you've published your first e-book and set up your author page on Amazon, it's time to market your book by setting up your one-page selling machine. Use this template to set up a simple, single page book selling website
Why do you need a 1-Page Book Selling Machine?
While you have already set up a robust ubiquity footprint, created an expert a page, and even optimized your Amazon author page, know that this is not enough to successfully reach a wide audience and sell your book. What you need is an Instant Publishing Machine: a website with a custom domain, created exclusively for your book, separate from your expert site or any of your other sites. This site serves three core functions:
- Now with Responsive IB3 Web Pages!
- It Promotes Your Book
- It Builds Your List
- It Gives out Bonuses
A receipt scraper campaign uses Instant Customer's receipt subscription method to offer bonus material to people who purchase your product. If your product is a book, the easiest way to set up a receipt scraper campaign is to use the AEMM2-IB3: Instant Publishing Machine template.
Enable Email Receipt Validation Passphrase
- The receipt validation passphrase is setup on the Opt-In Channels > Email tab > turn On Enable subscribe by email.
What is receipt validation?
- Receipt validation is used to offer bonus materials to people who purchase your book (or other products).
- It works by allowing people to Forward the email an original receipt from their purchase to your campaign.
- The system checks the receipt for a passphrase, and if it finds it, the subscriber is added to your campaign. You would set up your campaign autoresponder to deliver the bonus material.
Setup Email validation passphrase
- The email validation passphrase is a phrase that you know appears in email receipts for your book (or other product), for example, your book title, author name, ISBN, product ID etc.
- If you do not include a passphrase, anyone who emails join-ALIAS@instantcustomer.com signs up for the campaign.
Please note: You must advise your customers to subscribe to this campaign by forwarding their ORIGINAL email receipt (no screenshots or pdfs) to: join-YOURALIAS@instantcustomer.com. The system checks the receipt to see if it contains the passphrase, and if it can't find it, rejects the email.
- The best bonuses are digital goods, because they have no incremental cost to you and you can easily create an autoresponder to deliver a link to the digital bonus (a PDF file for example).
- However if you're selling a higher ticket item, you can offer physical goods.
- Example bonus giveaways include:
- A digital copy of the book
- Previous books
- Chapters of upcoming or new books
- Behind the scenes audio ro video interviews
- Unreleased or cut chapters
- Short stories
- White Papers
How to set up the receipt scraper
- Find a phrase or string of digits that will be in the receipt for your product. For a book it could be the ISBN. It can be anything you find in the receipt, such as "Thanks for your order" or the name of your product.
- Go to Campaign> Edit> Opt-in Channels> Email
- Turn On Enable subscribe by email.
- Enter a email@example.com email address. This is the email address to which people will forward their receipt. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the Receipt Validation Passphrase you found in step 1. If you leave this blank, anyone sending an email will be subscribed to the campaign.
- Save and Exit. Setup an Autoresponder to deliver the bonus material.
- Test by sending an email with the passphrase to verify subscription works.