Socialcasting Image Information
Please note: these are recommended image sizes based on support articles from third party sites. These are subject to change. Please see third party site help documentation for updated information.
- Most images will be scaled.
- All sizes are pixels Width x Height.
- There are many free online image resize tools if you do not have one available on your computer.
Facebook - Updated June 2014 - Minimum size to place on your blog posts: 600 x 315
- Your image file size can be up to 3MB.
- We accept GIF, JPEG, and PNG files.
- We DO NOT accept BMP, TIFF, or animated GIF files.
- Your photo will be automatically scaled for display in your expanded Tweet and user gallery.
LinkedIn - Post Thumbnail = 180 x 110
- Make sure the file is no larger than 10MB and is in one of the following formats: JPG/JPEG, PNG, or BMP.
- If you’re posting an animated GIF, make sure it is no larger than 1.75MB and no more than 500 pixels wide.
- Save a brand new version of the file using the photo/image application of your choice. This can sometimes help remove any encoding snags that may have been in the original file.
- We don’t support CMYK files or other non-RGB image files, so save the image in RGB and try uploading again.
Stocktwits - Images must be below 2mb otherwise it will not load. The posts should automatically resize for different images and fit the chart.
- In your batch upload, each photo can be up to 200 MB and each video can be up to 1 GB in size.
- You can upload images in most formats, but only JPEG, GIF (non-animated), and PNG are natively supported. Other formats will be converted to JPEG.
- The original, completely uncompressed version of your content is always saved to Flickr, along with several alternate photo sizes for you to use around the web.
- When applicable, the following sizes are also saved when you upload photos:
Square 75 x 75 pixels
Square 150 x 150 pixels
Thumbnail 100 pixels
Small 240 pixels
Small 320 pixels
Medium 500 pixels
Medium 640 pixels
Medium 800 pixels*
Large 1024 pixels
Large 1600 pixels*
Large 2048 pixels*
* Sizes only available for images uploaded after March 1, 2012.
500px - The maximum size we will display of a photo will be 2048px on its longest length but if you upload anything below that, then that will be the maximum resolution displayed.
The Size settings determine the size of the image you are adding to your site. By default WordPress creates a range of four image size for you to choose from:
- Thumbnail: Displays a small thumbnail-sized version of your image on the page/post. Note, by default the Thumbnail size is a square, so some cropping of your original image may occur.
- Medium: Displays a medium-sized version of your image on the page/post. This is a good size to use with Left/Right alignments, as it leaves sufficient space for legible text to either side.
- Large: Displays a large-sized version of your image on the page/post. Note: WordPress will determine the width of the content column of your theme, and display the largest possible image for that space.
- Full Size: Displays a full-sized version of your image on the page/post. Note: WordPress will determine the width of the content column of your theme, and display the largest possible image for that space. If your original image is larger than this column width, the full size of the image may not be displayed.
Storify - There is a limit of one image per comment. The maximum file size per file is 4MB. Image files with the extensions .png, .jpeg, and .gif are supported, and can be up to 4MB in size
- Number of Pictures: Up to 1 GB of total storage, shared with Picasa Web. If you've upgraded to Google+, your photos will be stored in Google+ Photos, where you have 15GB of storage space shared with Gmail and Drive.
- Size of Pictures: If you are posting pictures through Blogger Mobile there is a limit of 250K per picture.
- Your image will post in the original size, but you can edit the image size from the Blogger post.
Goodreads - Cover images: the ideal size would be 600–800 pixels wide and no larger than 2MB.